Saturday, February 22, 2014

Baby steps

I admit, I used to think that the world revolved around me. Used to think everything was about me,me,me. But truth is, nothing does revolve around me. Realized that even my own decisions don't revolve around me. I tend to think about what others would think of me if I did this, or that.
How could I have been so naive. I look at myself 2,3 years ago and think "wow what an annoying ,self centered, stupid kid". I sometimes look at the old myx audition video and think "Damn what a dumb ass". So I have no problem with people making fun of it cause it was stupid. Well I think I had good intentions but didn't really know how to perfect them. But don't get me wrong, I not once regretted that challenge. Ya it might be a joke now and I can totally laugh about it but that incident gave me some perspective of who I was and what I've become. So if I could go back I would not change a thing.
What's important is what I've made of that experience and who I have become now. Past is past. Now, if untill now I think of myself as someone great or feel to be in the center of attention,then we have a problem. I see people my age or older who still think everything is about them. Just want to say this,hope no one gets offended...

Calm yo tits and look here, I dont give a rats ass about your life. Does it look like I care about what you do at an everyday basis? NO. So stop assuming everything is about you. Cause its not

Ahhhh..Ok.. That felt good. This is in no way portraying to one individual. This is going out to ALL self obsessed brats. And if you feel like this is going out to you then take it like a man. Change for the better. Because no one is a saint. I probably am still self obsessed too but what I'm trying to get at is that I've become a little less of that than before. Baby steps. And you should take that step with me too.

24 comments:

  1. It's not that I'm selfish to share my ideas but I've been taken advantage by 1 of the girl of a group related to the sitcom you last worked with... and usually when I got those kinds of experiences, I always make sure that they will never happen again. It's just like in the lyrics of "Waiting On The World To Change":

    "It's not that we don't care, we just know that the fight ain't fair."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn the post was good. A lot of people live in a conceited outlook where they think its all about them. The cold hard truth is the sun will shine tomorrow whether they are here or not. This aint The Truman Show with a million hidden cameras. But what we do in the present will send ripples into our future. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats very true. Even if that person is a big shot not everyone cares about that individual. A somebody can always be a nobody to some.

      Delete
    2. True that.... In the movie Batman Begins it was said that "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." Awesome blog btw. Great read so far and full of substance.

      Delete
  3. Bravo. That rant must have felt good. Write more crap like this and this one fan will love you even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rants are the best. Goodbye stress! Haha

      Delete
  4. That show is just a cheap imitation of MTV so I think it's probably best that you didn't able to join it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If they got stressed for what I did, well at least they gained money out of it while for me, I did it for free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Jinri what you said is inspirational. Just remember your not alone and there are others who are in more trouble now than any one of us yet continue to be strong. And you are a Strong person I believe. and a very strong woman =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I cant compare my troubles with others but to each its own. Whats important is you go through them and come out learning something from it :)

      Delete
  7. It's cool to hear your keeping it real...breaking the fourth wall and all...life can be rough at times and what you shared defines your unique (smart and sexy)...makes you tons more 'attractive' in my book to say the least...keep up the fight!...Himdeun geol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup just keep moving forward. No time to stay still :) thanks for the great feedback

      Delete
  8. In addition to other comments here, jinri is a very brave and an inspiring icon out there in the field(industry).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything happens for a reason. I watched your myx audition. It not funny but fun. You were just starting back then now look at you now. So proud of you Jinri. Keep up with your writing. It a good read here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks. I was still young and immature back then I guess :)
      Thanks for reading and giving your thought on it too!

      Delete
  10. Definitely digging the message here. I'll admit I've had moments where i just wanted to only care about myself. And hopefully like you, I can make most experiences whether good or bad a lesson to keep and use for later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. not all people can admit or even stop and realize that they are doing something wrong. hands off to you, Jinri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its at that moment when you can stop and acknowledge your faults and mistakes that you know you've grown into a better person :) Thank you

      Delete
  12. Now this I like. I used to think along the same line as well. I thought I was invincible, then life hits you hard. Made me realize I wasn't all that.

    Kudos to you for saying this Jinri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matured! Lets keep moving forward :)

      Delete
  13. Hi Ms. Jinri, I hope you could notice me. I've been trying to reach you through different social networking websites and been searching contacts that could help me get a reach of you. I respect that most of them would not be able to give me your contact especially most of them told me your in Korea right now. I would not want to comment here at your blog at first but I really want to surprise my brother and I was left no choice but to do this.. I'm so sorry if what I would comment here is not connected to your blog. But, i just want to ask a favor from you. I know you're busy and you're in Korea but if you could just spare a little time to make a video greeting for my brother since he's turning 21 this coming march 30 and I've been starting to contact you last Feb.. But I think you do not notice my tweets and comments on your Ig, even my messages to you on Fb. I hope this time you would. My brother's really a super duper fan of yours. You're all of his pictures, videos and even the theme of his phone and filenames. He also loves collecting magazines of you and loves going to your signing but never had a glimpse of you since it's always too late for him. That's why I thought of having a video greeting of you as my birthday gift and surprise for him. He has done a lot for us and your video would really make his birthday special. I hope this time you could notice me and send a video greeting for him. My brother's name is Renzo Miguel. You could contact me and hoping tat you coud send a video on my email: lian.argan@gmail.com I really hope this time you could notice me. God Bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ms. Jinri, I'll still wait and im still hoping for the video even if March 30 has already passed. I'm begging and hoping. I'll wait for your response and the video no matter what :)

    ReplyDelete